Friday, March 5, 2010

Looking forward to the Weekend

Tonight I have a book club meeting. We read "These is My Words". It was a VERY good story. My kids even liked it. I'm really looking forward to meeting with my friends and chatting about this fascinating woman and her story. -- It's a mostly true story, set in Arizona before it was a state, 1890's.

I bought some supplies for a toffee caramel cheese cake. I'm hoping "Perfect" will bake it with me. Husband looked at me like I was a nut when I told him I planned to make the dessert with his daughter. I don't know what that means, but whatever. I think it will be fun.

Baby Boy has a soccer game on Saturday in the early evening, which means I can sleep in Saturday morning for once.

Soccer Boy has a choir deal Saturday afternoon as well, which involves lunch that I don't have to cook or clean up. Yeah!

Other than basic errands I think this weekend is open for fun! Maybe we will go see new the Alice in Wonderland. That could be fun. Or we could figure out something to do outside since we've been blessed with gorgeous weather.

I hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot anticipating a nice weekend. What a pessimist I am.

2 comments:

  1. Other than your newest post, I hope your weekend plans go well! I think it's a great idea to do somethign with your SD... :) NO different than doing things with your bio kids one on one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a d-bag... all over $80/year?!? That isn't even worth the time and energy to do a re-fi, not to mention having to have your credit pulled....

    My husband handles most of the financial stuff, but he still tells me what he is doing before he does it when it comes to the big things like that.

    Even before we were married and just living together, he said I am going to trade my car in and buy a new one. He didn't just show up one day with a new car.

    I am pretty sure if you did something like that he would get pissed off.

    ReplyDelete