Monday, March 1, 2010

The Last Few Days

Life has been relatively quiet, or maybe more like normal. I'm glad for the break between dealing with my emotions about Trouble. I'm hoping it will give me renewed strength to get through the next phase in mending things.

Friday:

*took a Pilate's class

*had lunch with Baby Boy at school

*Husband and I went to a scout dinner with Baby Boy (the older boys were playing video games and were not interested)


Saturday:

*Husband had to work

*woke up early and got Drama Boy to an all day scout event

*went to Baby Boy's soccer game

*took Baby Boy to see Percy Jackson (Drama Boy has seen it and Soccer Boy didn't feel like going)

*early evening we all watched Soccer Boy at his soccer game. Trouble didn't make it to the game. He told Soccer Boy that night he was sick.

*watched a movie with Drama Boy, Baby Boy and Husband. Soccer Boy talked on the phone all night with a friend. Teenagerdom is upon us.

Sunday:

*up early for church

*Soccer Boy was too "sick" to go

*we were supposed to turn in paperwork for "Perfect" to attend church camp. The Witch takes control of these things and causes Husband all kinds of grief if she doesn't get to be the "good" parent who fills out the forms, even when they are for a church she doesn't attend. She didn't give us any of the forms and they were due yesterday. Would have been so much easier for us to do it.

*went to my aunt's house for dinner, where Soccer Boy had a miraculous recovery

*Soccer Boy announced he cancelled his ref games next Saturday to attend a party. We had an argument about that one. He's grounded from the phone and computer for a month to "get his head on straight". We had a conversation about being responsible and putting school, work and church before socializing. He will spend all of March getting his grades up and doing the things he should have been all along. His response: "You don't love me because you don't want me to have friends."

Today:

Things are going okay. Husband and I have been very affectionate this weekend. We must be feeling more relaxed now that the counseling session with The Witch is behind us. I'm not nearly as nervous to meet with Trouble. I think he is young enough to be open to the counselor, even if it takes more than one session to get there.

Soccer Boy is starting into the same arguments we have had with Trouble. It goes a lot better knowing that he respects us though. And he doesn't get another parent involved to get his way. Soccer Boy seemed more somber this morning. He knows he made a mistake. It's hard to see him struggle but it's for the best. Maybe he will make better choices the next time.

Now I am off to get some cleaning done before picking up kids from school.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I hope it all looks up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady! I'm glad things are going well with you and Husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. I'm glad I'm through all of this kind of stuff although I have other "stuff" I'm dealing with. My favorite time was when the kids were little. I was always tired but I wasn't stressed like I was/am when they got older.

    I know you can get through this with good marks. Stick to your guns. Make them be accountable like you are doing. Wish I had followed my own advice.

    ReplyDelete