Friday, March 26, 2010

Family Outing with the Ex

I told Husband to grow a pair and start creating boundaries for the sake of our marriage and for his children. What I said wasn't so nice, and I don't like being the "mean" wife, but it seemed like he needed permission to be a man, so I gave it to him.

At first, Husband's reaction was "But I can't", meaning he can't tell The Witch no, which sounded kind of childish to me. Rather than picking on him anymore than I already had however, I decided to give him some power. I said "Of course you can. You are a smart man who can do anything you want to do. It's in the best interest of your children for you to stop giving into their mom because you don't want to cause friction. There is already friction and it's only getting worse. Tell her nicely and calmly how you feel."

Husband did tell her how he felt, and as luck would have it, it worked. What do you know?! There was no scene or argument. And Husband did NOT go out last night with The Witch. Yeah!

Instead, Husband and Trouble spent about an hour together. From what I can gather, it didn't go great or terrible, somewhere in the middle. It's a start I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing. Princess called Hubby bitching because I did not buy the optional book covers for the first day of school. First they were OPTIONAL and secondly, they didn't say how many were needed, so I figured the teacher would tell them how many books they would get, and then I could go buy them. Well Hubby calls me flipping out because he had to hear her, and said it would just be "easier" to let her do everything (I am not a fan of allowing her to do school shopping with our money! Last time she spent over $100 on school supplies, when she could have spent $40). Anyway, I flipped out back at him, told him to grab his balls and put that b*tch in her place, and that he needed to stand up for me, and not just assume I was wrong. And amazingly it worked. I guess I just needed to come out and be nasty about it.

    I hope things continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete