Friday, January 22, 2010

Low Drama Life?

I've been reading Erin's Blog this week and I'm very inspired that they went from near separation to total fools in love. I don't know that Husband and I are near separation at this point. We've talked about it before but I think we both believe in marriage and want to do whatever it takes to work things out. But we have for sure lost that loving feeling. We function.

I was going to talk about Trouble getting rewarded with a new cell phone because he's been so good for The Witch lately. *she is so clueless

Instead I think I need to focus on what I can control, what I can do to change things around and figure out what actually matters to me and what I can let go. I could sure use less drama.

1. I don't like disorder or disorganization. It actually puts me in a foul mood when things are turned upside down. But I haven't taken much time for cleaning or oganizing. If I concentrate on the house, even one little corner of the house, each day, over a short period of time the house would be much more orderly. That is something I can control.

2. No more talk about Trouble at bedtime. I will have to get Husband on board with this, so it's not totally in my control, but I think that we will both sleep a lot better if we spend that time in positive engagement, rather then problem solving. I think Husband will be okay with this.

Bummer, only two things. I'm really in a funk right now. The drama has taken over. But one step at a time right? So, I need to eat, shower and find some part of this house to organize. I can do. Yes, I can!

3 comments:

  1. You CAN do it! my hubby & I seperated for 3 months, almost 2years ago & since we reconciled, we have come to realize that our first focus is God, then eachother... the kids come AFTER us! We also decided that once a week we go on a date... we go away every 3 months for a whole weekend.. and we take time every morning to spend 20min together before the kids get up.. at bedtime, we read together.... it's the little things that make a BIG difference... Praying for you & yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I have been there, too. We didn't separate, but it was very close. The first four years of our marriage were so dysfunctional, guided by the emotional terrorist (his ex-wife). When we finally decided that this was our marriage and we were going to tackle the world as a united front - the last 3 1/2 years have been amazing! You both can do it, it's so hard not to let the outside things interfere, but you can do it. You both have to be on the same page and as I said a united front in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes time. Sometimes Men aren't totally receptive to 'new rules' so I wish you all the luck in making them work and keeping them up.

    ReplyDelete