Monday, January 18, 2010

Husband and the Whine

I have PMS at the moment, which means moody city! I'm taking some natural vitamins which do lessen the ups and downs. Prior to the vitamins, I had a constant knot in my stomach and that knot made me feel angry. I couldn't figure out what the anger was about. It seemed like anything could set me off. Now that I have these vitamins, the knot is gone and I no longer feel anger. The irritation has not gone away however, and it's at these moments when I really want to be left alone. I'm not interested in hugs, kisses, cuddles and certainly not sex!

The last time we made love was Thursday night. Since that time, the PMS of leave me alone, has set in. I've warned Husband about this but as each day has passed he is more whiney and clingy which only makes my irritation worse.

In the middle of the night Sunday, I woke up at 1:30am and tossed and turned for hours. I finally got up at 5:00am and went to downstairs. About 10 minutes later Husband came down to snuggle up to me. I seriously hated it. I wanted to be left alone, but I know I need to tread lightly in order not to hurt his feelings, so I said nothing. We went back to bed at 5:30am and I actually fell asleep.

Sometime in the 6:00 hour my arm fell asleep and I moved in order to let the blood flow again which woke Husband. Husband thought I was trying to come onto him, which I certainly was NOT. He must have asked me 3 or 4 times if I wanted him, until I finally pushed him away from me and told him that I just barely got back to sleep and no I was not interested.

Husband spent the rest of the day Sunday, hugging me, touching me, holding me, complaining at me that I don't want him around and so on and so forth. I have PMS!! Just leave me alone for a few days already!

Sunday night Husband never left my side and continued to ask me if I was ready for bed. Just after 10:00pm we went to bed and husband was literally attacking me. Hands up my shirt, hands down the back of my pants.... I kept removing his hands but he kept on trying.

I reminded him again that I was not interested. I have PMS and he needs to leave me alone for a few days. And this is where the whine set in.

Husband "It's been 3 days!"

Husband "I need to stop liking you so much."

Husband "Will you ever want to be with me again?"

Husband "Maybe if I stop liking you I won't want you anymore. Then you would be happy."

Husband "I'm tired of all this rejection."

Me "Seriously?! I have PMS. It will be a few more days. Stop acting like a baby."

Husband "Its always my fault. Stop talking to me and go to sleep."

Silence for several minutes.

Husband "You never want me. You always reject me. I'm tired of it. Why don't you go sleep in another room?"

Me "Okay, I will" Got up and picked up pillow.

Husband "Why don't we make this permanent?"

I went downstairs to sleep on the couch.

Husband is starting to get on my nerves. I'm doing my best to keep myself in check, as I get so tired of us arguing about things. But last night he was doing his best to push me over the top with all of the insecure, selfish whining. Really, it's a total turn off to me. I thought I was marrying a man. If one of us is going to act all emotional its supposed to be me right?!

At this point I feel a little used. If I don't have sex when Husband wants it then he wants a divorce? Really? What kind of statement is that? I realize he is being a total whiney baby and I know he doesn't mean what he said. It was all emotional non-sense. However, what kind of man says something so selfish? It's been 3 days!!! That is not an eternity.

When he comes home from work today, I will be required to act like nothing happened and give him smiles and hugs. I seriously resent that I have to do these things. But it beats the alternative of verbal bashings for the remainder of the evening about how terrible I am to him and about all of this rejection he is getting, that I don't love him and don't want him around.

Rejection has become a 4 letter word to me. Get over it Husband! Stop the whining and find something else to do to pass the time for a few days. All the whine is making me drunk enough to puke.

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post! My husband freaks out everytime I get my period. HELLO! It comes every month! And I only get it for 4 days, which isn't anywhere near as bad as some of my friends. He acts like he will die from not getting any for a few days. Again, HELLO! I'm not getting any either, and I am doing ok!

    ReplyDelete